Vraag en Antwoorden
- Q: How long can BloodSTOP products be stored after purchase?
A: The BloodSTOP family of hemostatic products has undergone extensive laboratory testing to ensure safety and efficacy for intended uses. In markets outside the US, BloodSTOP iX has a ten-year history of safe and effective clinical use in internal wound care to stop bleeding fast
- Q: Has BloodSTOP® been clinically tested?
A: BloodSTOP is for surface wound care and is proven fast-acting, safe and effective to stop bleeding from cuts, abrasions, bites and punctures to the skin surface. BloodSTOP iX is a surgical-grade, purified hemostat designed primarily for surgical use in that it is 100% water-soluble, biorebsorbable, and passes the more rigorous biocompatibility tests required for use inside the body:hemocompatibility, intracutaneous reactivity, subcutaneous implantation, genotoxicity, and chronic toxicity.
- Q: What are the differences between BloodSTOP and BloodSTOP iX products?
A: BloodSTOP and BloodSTOP iX have a significantly lower cost than other existing products, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Surgiceland Gelfoam products, collagen products, and human or animal thrombin products.
- Q: What is the cost of BloodSTOP and BloodSTOP iX relative to other comparable products on the market?
A: BloodSTOP gauze products come individually packaged in sealed, sterile pouches and have a shelf-life of approximately five years when properly stored.
- Q: How are BloodSTOP products sterilized?
A: With gamma radiation, in compliance with international standards for medical device sterilization.